I feel there are certain ways children should dress and this is my way no one Else’s way feel free to agree or disagree , I really don’t care .
Showing the knees in both boys and girls is tacky and immodest should be avoided.
The length of a dress should be at least below the knee or longer ankle length is preferred. When one sits down one should make sure that dress is draped over legs and ankles if need be one may use a small lap blanket to cover legs and be modest
- Sleeves should cover shoulders and the older one is the longer the sleeves once one is 5 years old they should not be wearing short sleeves unless in the privacy of their own house, 5 to 11 years old, from 12 years to adult one should wear long sleeves whenever they are out of the house.
- Undershirts and underwear should always be clean and free of holes and stains , If you are embarrassed to show them then don’t wear them. Underclothing should fit comfortable and not pinch or ride up . Once a girl develops breast she should always wear a Bra .
- Bras should fit and be comfortable not ride up pinch , pull or bulge if it does any of these things then it is to tight
- Shorts for boys should fall to just below the knee , wearing pants would be preferable as they are more modest.
- Pants should be clean hole free and fit comfortable they should not ride up , pinch or be tight , if too long then fold into cuffs at the ankles or ask your mom to do a quick hem on them. Girls may wear pants that are loose , if the pants are tight then don’t wear them , stretch pans may be worn under dresses and long shirts .
- Shirts should not have faces or ugly pictures on them , girls should avoid wearing shirts that have prints on the chest area as it brings attention to that area.
- Dresses should fall below the knee and always wear either tights with dresses or short that fall below the knee, Tights should either match the dress or go with the outfit as should the shorts under the dress, young girls less tan 6 years old may wear dresses shorter than knee length as long as they wear shorts that fall past the knee.
- Skirts should be long loose and free flowing never form fitted or tight.
- Girls: Jilabas/ Abaya/Tunics and Kurta Tops/Salwar Kameez/Caftan may be worn over a core outfit, a core outfit is underclothes with tee-shirt and stretch pants or tights.
- Hijab should always be encouraged , once a girl has her monthly cycle then she should start wearing hijab full time when out of house
- Boys :Salwar Kameez/Disha Dasha/Long Kurta Shirt/Abaya/Thobes, Caftan/Jilabas / Kufies and hats should be encouraged to wear as it is more modest.
- Swimwear should be modest: for Boys shorts below the knee along wit a tee shirt. Girls tee shirt and below the knee shorts until age 11 then swimsuit should cover from wrist to ankles with a hijab attached
- Socks should always be clean and hole free , if wearing dark pants wear dark socks, light pants light socks .
When choosing shoes always make sure that your toes are comfortable and that they don’t pinch pull or hurt your feet if your feet hurt then the shoes are wrong for you.
- Sleepwear / lounge wear should be comfortable and modest it is ok to wear short sleeves but only in the privacy of your own house .
A word of advice if you are in doubt if something is modest then don’t wear it