As Salam Alikum Readers
I am writing about flying in a airplane and here are some tips I’ve picked up along the way.
- Always pack a change of clothes in your carry on , this is especially important if your flying with children,
- Gate check the stroller, wear baby / toddler in ergo carrier, if to big to wear then invest in a harness backpack we have one that looks like a monkey it will save you a lot of time and worry if you don’t have to chase a wondering toddler through the airport.
- If packing yogurts get the tube kind and freeze before hand and store in a lunch bag for keeping foods cold I did this and it was still frozen when I got to where I was going after 18 hours.
- Baby wipes for easy clean up, I use them to wipe down the seat armrests and tray
- Bring a pillow and blanket with you
- Pack a portable charger and have it fully charged for your phone or iPad
- Snacks and empty bottle for water
- Extra pair of socks and underwear
- Extra hijab
- Travel in comfortable clothes
- Have all your important information in one place ( I have a bag I pack my passport and flight information in with a list of emergency contacts )
- Something to read or do during layovers and on the flight, or headphones to watch movies if plane has them.
Know that when flying with your baby small children that you’re allowed to take them food and breastmilk, formula just tell tsa that it’s your babies food.